NCORE Webinar Series
The Forgotten Constituency: Engaging Staff in Campus DEI Initiatives
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 | LIVE 3:00-4:30 PM Central Time*
(* 4:00-5:30 PM Eastern / 2:00-3:30 PM Mountain / 1:00-2:30 PM Pacific). Convert other time zones to Central Time here.
$25.00 | REGISTER
- Registration will close at 4:30 PM Central Time the day before the webinar. Space is limited and may fill before this date.
- Registrants will receive an email with the Zoom link the morning of the session.
- All registrants will receive a recording approximately one week after the webinar.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Live captions and sign language provided.
Along with students and faculty, staff are a critical constituency in institutional diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) plans. Staff provide essential services, interact with faculty and students, and play an integral role in promoting and maintaining campus/unit climate. This session focuses on the inclusion of staff as key constituents in campus DEI efforts using examples, perspectives, and experiences from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor--a campus undergoing Year 4 implementation of its Five Year DEI Strategic Plan.This session features an interactive panel discussion addressing two main topics: 1) exploring the various structures and challenges of staff DEI positions in academic and non-academic units and 2) strategic initiatives that focus on staff voices and engagement. This session should particularly benefit anyone who is charged with moving DEI initiatives forward at your institution, current DEI staff, and HR professionals interested in staff retention. Participants will walk away from this session with an understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities facing staff, as well as practical strategies to incorporate staff concerns, issues, and engagement in their DEI efforts.