Organize a Delegation and Maximize Your NCORE Experience
We have written a document with helpful information as you prepare your delegation. Visit this link to read more!
2017 NCORE Student Scholarship
Currently in its 24th year, the Student Leadership Development Conference Scholarship Program supports a paid conference registration for each student recipient. Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. It is hoped that the scholarship awards will serve as an incentive for higher education institutions to support student participation in the conference.
NCORE 2017 Student Scholars Application
- Submission Period Opens: September 7, 2016
- Submission Deadline: December 2, 2016
- Student Scholarship Recipients Notified: January 6, 2017
- Student Scholars Must Accept No Later Than: January 31, 2017
STUDENT SCHOLARS ON-SITE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM KEY PROGRAM FEATURES:
- All NCORE® Student Scholars will be required to complete the NCORE® 2017 Student Scholars' On-Site Educational Program. This program has academic and networking components that require each student scholar to participate in and complete a sufficient number of sessions (at least 20 session hours) to earn a Student Scholar Certificate of Participation.
- The student scholarship covers the registrations fee for selected recipients. Scholarship recipients and/or their institutions will be responsible for their own travel, hotel, and all other conference-related expenses.
- Complete Application
- Attend Welcome and Student Scholar Orientation on Tuesday, May 30th, at 7:00 AM
- Attend the Student Scholar Reception on Tuesday, May 30th, at 7:00pm
- Attend a minimum of twenty (20) hours of conference sessions, including a pre-conference institute.
- Attend at least three (3) of the Keynote Sessions
- Attend Wrap-Up Meeting, Friday, June 3rd, at 7:30 PM
- Submit 500 word reflection of NCORE experience due Friday, June 9th
Review & Selection Process:
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of educational professionals. 20 scholarship recipients will be selected.
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
A. Applicant Information
B. Cover Letter- Compose a letter specifically addressing the following items:
- Highlights of your academic interest and achievements
- Highlights of your leadership interests and experiences
- Your reasons for wanting to attend and participate in NCORE
- Your commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference experience
- Cover Letter will need to be attached to your application
C. Two Letters of Recommendation
- Letters must come from faculty and/or staff from your institution
- Letter should state institutional commitment to cover conference-related costs not covered by the scholarship
- Letter should affirm your commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference experience and the Student scholar’s On-Site Educational Program (outlined above)
- Letters will need to be attached to your application
NOTE: In the selection process, scores for letters of recommendation that do not address the commitment of institutional support for conference-related costs or affirm the students’ commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference and the Student Scholars On-Site Educational Program will be penalized for their failure to do so. It is the responsibility of scholarship applicants to communicate this effectively to those individuals they ask to write letters of recommendation.
- Résumé will need to be attached to your application
Click here to access the NCORE 2017 Student Scholars Application