2015 NCORE Student Scholarship
The following dates have been set to submit your application. Please note the deadline has changed!
- Submissions Open: November 3, 2014
- Submission Deadline: February 3, 2015
- Notifications No Later Than: February 24, 2015
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES:
All NCORE® Student Scholars will be required to complete the NCORE® 2015 Student Scholars' On-Site Educational Program. This program has academic, community outreach, and networking components that require each student scholar to participate in and complete a sufficient number of sessions (at least 20 session hours) to earn a Student Scholar Certificate of Participation.
The student scholarship covers the registrations fee for selected recipients. Scholarship recipients and/or their institutions will be responsible for their own travel, hotel, and all other conference-related expenses.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students will be given equal consideration.
Our Student Scholarship applications will be processed online for 2015. The application process will end February 3, 2015 and notifications will be made no later than February 24, 2015.
1. Complete an online application specifically addressing the following items (A through D) below:
A. Your academic interests and achievements
B. Your leadership interests and experience.
C. Your reasons for wanting to attend and participate in NCORE .
- D. Your commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference and the Student Scholar’s On-site Educational Program (outlined above).
2. Upload a copy of your résumé.
3. Upload two letters of recommendation from faculty and/or staff at your institution. These letters must include both the two following elements:
A stated commitment of institutional support for conference-related costs not covered by the scholarship or state that these costs will be covered by another source.The NCORE Student Scholarship covers the cost of registration only.
- Affirm the students' commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference and the Student Scholars' On-site Educational Program (outlined above).
NOTE: In the selection process, scores for letters of recommendation that do not address both items will be penalized for their failure to do so. It is the responsibility of scholarship applicants to communicate this effectively to those individuals they ask to write letters of recommendation.