Organize a Delegation and Maximize Your NCORE Experiences
We have written a document with helpful information as you prepare your delegation. Visit this link to read more!
2016 NCORE Student Scholarship
Currently in its 23rd year, the Student Leadership Development Conference Scholarship Program supports a paid conference registration for each student recipient. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. It is hoped that the scholarship awards will serve as an incentive for higher education institutions to support student participation in the conference.
The following dates have been set regarding the application process:
Submissions Open: September 15, 2015
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2015
Student Scholarship Recipients Notified: December 22, 2015
Student Scholars Must Accept No Later Than: January 15, 2016
STUDENT SCHOLARS ON-SITE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES:
• All NCORE® Student Scholars will be required to complete the NCORE® 2016 Student Scholars' On-Site Educational Program. This program has academic and networking components that require each student scholar to participate in and complete a sufficient number of sessions (at least 20 session hours) to earn a Student Scholar Certificate of Participation.
• The student scholarship covers the registrations fee for selected recipients. Scholarship recipients and/or their institutions will be responsible for their own travel, hotel, and all other conference-related expenses.
• Attend Welcome and Student Scholar Orientation on Tuesday, May 31st, at 7:00 AM
• Attend a minimum of twenty (20) hours of conference sessions, including a pre-conference institute.
• Attend at least three (3) of the Keynote Sessions
• Attend Wrap-Up Meeting, Friday, June 3rd, at 7:30 PM
• Submit 500 word reflection of NCORE experience due Friday, June 10th
• Complete Application
APPLICATION PROCESS (Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for NCORE 2016.)
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of educational professionals, and 20 scholarships will be awarded. Notifications will be made no later than December 21, 2015.
Step 1- Complete the form below
Step 2- Attach the requested form, cover letter, résumé and the letters of recommendation to an email addressed to:
A. Informational contact form
B. Cover Letter- compose a letter specifically addressing the following items:
• Highlights of your academic interest and achievements
• Highlights of your leadership interests and experiences
• Your reasons for wanting to attend and participate in NCORE
• Your commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference experience
C. Two Letters of Recommendation
• Letters must come from faculty and/or staff from your institution
• Letter should state institutional commitment to cover conference-related costs not covered by the scholarship.
• Letter should affirm the students’ commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference experience and the Student scholar’s On-Site Educational Program (outlined above).
NOTE: In the selection process, scores for letters of recommendation that do not address the commitment of institutional support for conference-related costs or affirm the students’ commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference and the Student Scholars On-Site Educational Program will be penalized for their failure to do so. It is the responsibility of scholarship applicants to communicate this effectively to those individuals they ask to write letters of recommendation.